The part of the world, which is called the Danakil Depression, is one of the remotest, lowest and unique land formations of the world in the Great Rift Valley system. Still it is part of the earth which is unstable and pulling each other to the opposite side. In this adventure you will explore Erta Alle, absolutely unique Lava Lake erupting 24 hours and Dalol, the lowest part of Danakil Depression (116 below sea level) extremely hottest and inhospitable place but enjoyable and extraordinary colorful landscape. It is famous for its fascinating fumaroles amazing rock formations, crystal and mineral deposits. The final part of your adventure takes you to Lake Asale, famous salt mining lake and visits to salt workers when cutting, shaping and loading. Besides, salt merchants along with their endless Camel Caravans will be visited.
Dallol depression is renowned as the hottest place on earth, with an average temperature of 34-35 Celsius, most of this vast practically unpopulated region lies below sea dipping to a frazzled nadir of -116 meters at Dallol near Lake Asale, the lowest spot of terra firma on the African continent. One of the driest and most tectonically active areas on the planet, the Danakil is an area of singular fascination: a strange lunar landscape studded with active volcanoes and vast salt encrusted basins.
The most regularly visited volcanic range in the Danakil is Ertale, Ertale is not only most remarkable but also noted as being the most active volcano in Africa having hosted a permanent lava lake for longer than one hundred twenty years. Ertale has been in a state of continuous eruptions sine at least 1967, when scientific observations commenced.
Five packages over all and the itineraries have to be retouched, and each picture and itineraries layout has to be checked.
- Feel cool at the hottest spot on earth
- Unmatched bonanza of geological infants
- An active expanse of geological infants
- Adventure week near geological marvels
- A glimpse to timeless jewels of Ethiopian past, a moment of geological fascination, and walk amongst pieces of chess at the chessboard of the gods.
- 9 days adventure amidst geological infants
- A package of Eastern circuit archeology and a mix of history in just 9 days at the Afar which is the upper rift system and further up at the eastern highlands as a breather when visiting Harar.
- Full 9 days surface journey at a depression where giants once trodden
- An interwoven feature of society displaying a spiritual beauty! Peace
- A visit to a moving display of spiritual fabric
- Moving fabric of the east
- Dressed in spiritual oneness
- Combining pinnacles of eastern highlands in just five days
Day 01: ADDIS ABABA – DESSIE – Departure for Dessie via Debre Birhan. Visiting on the way the breath taking sceneries of Tarma Ber and Debre Sina. Picnic lunch en-route. Overnight hotel
Day 02: DESSIE-MEKELE- In the morning start driving to Mekelle through the marvelous landscapes visiting en-route the Alamata Kobo Chain Mountains and daily market of Kobo. Overnight Mekele in hotel.
Day 03: MEKELE-AHMED ELA –Drive to Berha Ale to obtain the permit to proceed towards Ahmed Ela and Dallol. After lunch drive continue to Ahmed Ela. Overnight camping at Ahmed Ela.
Day 04: AHMED ELA – DALLOL- AHMED ELA- Continue to Lake Asale, from where you would explore the salt mines, lying some 30 minutes drive away from here. Overnight camping at Ahmed Ela.
Day 05: AHMED ELA – ERTA ALE – Drive from Ahmed Ela through Dallol to ascend Erta Ale. Overnight near the caldera around Erta Ale camping.
Day 06: ERTA ALE – AFDERA- Descend Erta Ale and drive through Dodom to Afdera. Overnight camp at Afdera.
Day 07: AFDERA – LOGIA – Drive through Serdo and Semera towards Logia for the overnight in a hotel with very basics only.
Day 08: LOGIA – BILEN – Drive to Awash. Overnight in the Bilen Lodge.
Day 09: BILEN – ADDIS ABABA – Drive to Addis.